Clearly we are ignoring science and nature
Archives for: Oil and Fuel
How can one be guilty of denunciating the ones responsible for knowingly harming people, both directly and indirectly, against the many advices of individuals, groups, some politicians and many notorious scientists and nobel prizes, on all continents through many generations, voluntarily ignoring the signs visible everyday either in the media or directly out their own door?
How can one ever be guilty of defending public health over economic health, or society profit over private profit, or preserving resources over wasting them, or saving life over killing it?
How can one ever be guilty of that by only speaking out loud with knowledge, logic, proofs, wisdom, caringness and population support?
Oil–> Transport, Electricity–>
1) C02 and 10x stronger or so CH4 in air–> Global Warming–> Draughts, Hurricanes, Floods–> Lost crops, forests, homes–> CO2 fixing potential lost, Starvation, Diseases, More ressources/energy needed
2) C02 and 10x stronger or so CH4 in air–> Global Warming–> Ice caps and glaciers metling–> Earth natural climate stabilizers lost + massive CH4 release from pergelisoils & ancient ice melt
3) CO2 in water–> Oceans acidification–> Destruction of centennial/millenial coral reefs–> Loss of oceans’filters/pulmons/incubators/biodiversity reservoir–> Food shortage
1)Plastic continent in Pacific ocean–> Contamination of food chain from zooplancton to sea birds to fish to whales–> Poisoning, Destruction of oceans’ biodiversity–> Eventual public health casualties, food shortage
2) Overload of garbage cans with plastics–> Garbage collect more frequent and voluminous + Impossibility for composting–> Costly garbage management + Impossibility for retrieving any value from wastes (we are the only species producing wastes that are impossible for any other species to reuse, all wastes in the living world are useful somewhere in the food chain)
3) Habits of “one use” materials/containers/plates/bags/wrappings/bottles/decorations/or any cheap objects that break fast–> Impossibility for reusing variety of everyday use object–> need for producing again and again theses objects–> Need for resource/energy (=oil) again and again–> Unjustified wasteful costs for society
Oil–> Pigments, Lubricants, Adhesives, Pesticides, Paints, Cosmetics, Soaps, Detergents, Flavours, Perfumes–> Slow poisoning of mankind at the cost of energy/resources waste and + Loss of mankind heritage on how to get all those from living world at the simple cost of understanding the nature and harvesting it.
To the judge : justice has never been about procedures, protocols, interests or laws. It is about judgement and fairness. It is about preserving the greater good, no matter what the law books may say. No matter what strategic move any corporation lawyers can think of. If you are worthy of your title, you won’t need anything of what law school thought you or what advocates can say. Your moral fiber should be enough. And if you still think the corporations are in their right, well, I’m not a believer but, God, Help us.
David Suzuki breaks through the many lies that are spread throughout our culture to make us believe that we must choose economic health over the environment. We can have both. Looking clearly at the facts, with a value for human dignity and life, shows us beyond doubt that the current path is very dangerous, harmful to us and unsustainable. We can switch direction and improve quality of life, as well as our environment, by investing in the low-carbon sustainable economy of tomorrow. Fossil fuels have many alternative uses that do not involve dumping carbon pollution into the atmosphere, such as petrochemicals, and should be used far more wisely if indeed we consider them to be precious – so that we save the climate, oceans and air pollution and don’t scrape the barrel dry. This is the way forward. Blindness to reality hurts us – the truth sets us free, and allows us to consider whole new alternatives. In this new reality, it is inspiring to see someone with real conviction and vision.
Save our Earth. Save our children.
David Suzuki has been at the forefront of preserving our beautiful and irreplaceable climate for as long as I can remember. How can we accuse him for speaking the truth? We ARE at fault. And he’s correct on all counts. It’s time to change.
Here’s a song I wrote about saving our oceans. If we lose them, we lose everything. This world runs on symbiosis, and we’re not fulfilling our end…
David Suzuki deserves respect, not only publicly, but by LISTENING to what he is telling us, and TAKING ACTION. NOW.
Do it. Now.
Mother Earth has taken enough. It is time to end this period of abuse and help her heal.
The oceans are already being filled with radioactive particles from japans fukashima,what would happen if a oil spill happened as well?We can stop fishing and even swimming in the ocean for 1000’s of years,think of our children not your wallets
David Suzuki tirelessly has worked to bring awareness of our negative impact on nature.
I want my 11 month old son to grow up in a world free of pollution and rampant greed.
I respect this elder.